What exercise is allowed during pregnancy period?
Safety and women`s health are most important during pregnancy.
Pregnancy is not the time to improve personal fitness or achieve new athletic excellence. Rather, the woman`s goal should be to maintain fitness, feels comfortable and listen to the body, because as much as it allows one considering some do’s and dont’s.
The woman training should be individually and adapted to the course of own pregnancy. Your doctor can help you with this.
The woman`s body undergoes numerous changes during pregnancy. High loads should, therefore, be avoided, as well as regular breaks should be taken. Importantly, listen to the signals of your body!
It is recommended that pregnant women undergo moderate intensity exercise for 30 minutes a day, four times a week.
Exercise during pregnancy — what to do?
What exercise is allowed during pregnancy? It is a good question.
You can do these exercises during pregnancy:
Favorite sport: what you do is good for your baby.
Outdoor: Exercise in the fresh air. All exercise should start with a period of heat up and cool down. The hormones produced during pregnancy make it particularly flexible for women who prepare for birth, but this can lead to excessive stretching and pulling that can cause injury. Stretching, especially after the first trimester, should be done very gently.
Moderate endurance sports: Walking, cycling, swimming. Walking is safe and has a low risk for pregnant women. For cardiovascular fitness, water aerobics is great. These water sports are safe because there is no risk.
Moderate strength training: Above all strengthening the back. Studies have shown that weight training during pregnancy has advantages. There have been improvements in strength and flexibility. In turn, the physiological changes occurring during pregnancy help the body to adapt. Women may find themselves tolerated more strongly by strengthening their muscle, their heavier corporeal weight and changed centers of gravity. Women who have never been involved in weight training before pregnancy should not start after they have conceived.
Dancing, aqua, pilates and yoga into the third trimester, adapting some exercises.
What exercises aren’t safe?
- Intense not to increase, but to throttle over the months.
- Safety. Avoid jumps. Combat and risk sports are taboo.
- Sports in too high a heat and at highs or lows are unsuitable (mountaineering, diving).
- Avoid heavy weights and maximum effort.
Regular exercise during pregnancy can have a positive effect on women`s physical and mental condition and offers numerous benefits:
- More energy for everyday life and greater well-being.
- Less pregnancy-typical ailments such as swollen feet, incontinence, back and neck pain, water retention, severe weight gain, gestational diabetes, depression.
- Greater emotional balance.
- More stamina during childbirth.
- Muscles, tendons, and ligaments are working again more quickly after birth.